Reading and Phonics
Read Write Inc., developed by Ruth Miskin, provides a structured and systematic approach to teaching literacy. It is used by more than a quarter of the UK's primary schools and is designed to create fluent readers, confident speakers and willing writers.
Each Read Write Inc. programme meets the higher expectations of the National Curriculum and uses effective assessment to accelerate every child's progress and prepare them for the National Curriculum Tests.
This new edition of Read Write Inc. Phonics draws upon experience gained in more than 4000 schools over 10 years.
- More than phonics – integrated comprehension, writing, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and handwriting
- Engaging partner work, role-play and drama so every child participates in the whole lesson
- Brand new Storytime and Poetry Time to develop children’s knowledge of traditional tales and a wide range of poetry
- Simple assessment, clear tracking and straightforward grouping so every child learns rapidly at the right level
- Sustained Professional Development from Ruth Miskin Trainingto create an outstanding team of teachers
“Read Write Inc not only provides a highly structured approach to teaching effective reading and writing – it has also supported improvements in teaching and learning across the curriculum” (Head Teacher)
“Read Write Inc Phonics has had a massive impact on our phonic results raising them from 56% to 96%” (Head Teacher)